Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sherbet has been birdwatching

Oh my dearest friends from nearby and far far away, I am here again at last.
 I just could not get here sooner .  I have been away from Clover Cottage, spending time in the woods in a leaf covered, home made hut that Doodle made for me . I have developed a keen interest in bird watching.  It is so good for my soul. I sat quietly for hours on end in the doorway of my little hut and waited and waited and waited and waited.  I had my binoculars with me so I was able to see the birds very clearly indeed.  I must tell you an extremely amazing thing that happened though.  I was sitting quietly watching a delightful woodpecker pecking the trunk of a huge chestnut tree when 2 green parrots flew right in front of me and landed and settled on a low branch in the same tree. The woodpecker flew away in fright as he had never seen parrots before in his life !   I wondered why tropical parrots should be in my local woods , they must have been lost , maybe escaped from a zoo or a bird park. They were so tame and not afraid of me at all, even though I am sure they had never seen anything like a Sherbet Sheep before.
 But Oh dear ,  I was very worried as I did not know if they would find any food they would like to eat in my woods. I  worried so much that I could not sleep,   The next morning I left some of my apple pie out for them, that Pearl had so kindly made for me and I am delighted to tell you that the Parrots ate it all. They clearly loved the fruit in the pie and I asked Pearl to bring me a basket of fruit the next day so that the parrots would have a supply of food.
Two days later I came back to Clover Cottage and that is where I am now.  I did all I could for the parrots and I am sending them huge blessings to keep them safe .  I do hope the weather stays warm for them.
 Love from Sherbet x

No comments:

Post a Comment